Webster Functional Medicine
Addressing causes versus symptoms
What is functional medicine?
The goal of functional medicine when WE at WEbster Pharmacy provide it has 4 components
1. Listening and collecting- From problems/symptoms, to personal and family history for genetic make-ups.
2. Evaluating & PRIORITIZING lifestyle factors. Yes, in order to work with us this is required. Lifestyle factors:
- sleep & relaxation
- Excercise & movement
3. Organizing imbalances by cause and working through the causes.
4. Relating all the information back to the patient's health and well being using the Functional Medicine Matrix Model. We like this because its comprehensive focusing on the seven core functions, rather than a disease based model used in traditional medicine/pharmacy.
3. WE focus on the fixes:
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion: chronic medicines can lead to additional dysfunctions in the body. To learn more click here.
- Hormone Imbalances: Just as vital s nutrients WE need hormones. As a compounding pharmacy that is what WE can do.
- Low Dose Naltrexone: A number of small-scale trials have demonstrated its effectiveness in addressing he root cause of many chronic conditions. LDN can be compounded by prescription for treatment of fibromyalgia, inflammatory bowel diseases, psoriasis, chronic pain, and weight loss. To learn more click here.
- Probiotics: WE recommend probiotics ranging from 20 billion to 150 billion CFU's depending on the condition. WE also recommend and compound different probiotics for vaginal health. To learn more click here.
- Nutritional Supplements: Unless your growing it yourself, most food sources aren't rich in nutrients like they used to, and not everyone needs a one a day vitamin. So if you are looking to do something other than a medication to get well. Contact Us below to get something better.